When you see snails stick to a tree stump, hide under stones or leaves, what impression do you have of them? When you see them displayed in the market places, do you view them as one of those edible animals meant for the soup pot?
Many people see snails here and there. Some people take it as meat. But quite a number don’t know how to go about rearing them. This is made worse because snails, which belong to the family of animal called MOLLUSCA, is an hermaphrodite. It has both the female and male sexual organs; so one cannot really distinguish between the male and female specie of it.
Many who are into snail farming in Nigeria are also unwilling to let others know about the farming methodology. The techniques are often shrouded in secrecy. But the plain truth is that snail farming is as easy as ABC. The only thing the snails may constantly demand from you is your attention and care. They hardly fall sick. You don’t have to buy their food and you may not have to spend much to create an abode for them. The beauty of it all is that the snails reproduce rapidly. They are capable of producing hundreds of eggs, which hatch into snails. It is now possible to produce 1,000,000 snails worth more than N5 million twice a year. This is made possible because of the availability of very highly prolific ACHATINA ACHATINA species of snails, which lay 200-400 in one batch 2-3 times a year.
Nigeria’s economic recovery programmes have necessitated a radical shift from total dependence on government for job to self-employment. One such attractive area for self-employment is snail rearing. It is a great money-spinning business that can provide a substantial source of protein to complement Nigerian carbohydrate meals. Sadly Nigerians inclination to go into business in the fields where thousands have already made their fortune has led to the ulter neglect of such lucrative area of snail farming in Nigeria or export at international market.
HUGE INCOME EARNING OPPORTUNITY
One of the Personnal Entrepreneurial Characteristic (PEC) that makes a big different between a successful entrepreneur and an unsuccessful one is opportunity seeking. That is seeking, recognizing and acting on new business opportunities.
This is the use of contacts or networking to obtain useful information. It is in view of the above fact that, we at THE THY CONSULTING are introducing this wonderful opportunity to you.
This is golden opportunity that will enable readers to create for themselves, the targets and lofty goals for huge success.
WHAT ARE THE MERITS OF SNAIL FARMING?
From our own experience, they include, among others:
1. Snail farming in Nigeria is a virgin in the kingdom of livestock as a result the earlier investors without doubt have bright prospects in exploring this venture.
2. Snail farming is a practicable and viable venture yet unexplored in Nigeria. If it has worked elsewhere, it will work in Nigeria.
3. This technology has been approved to be most lucrative farming venture presently, as it requires far less capital investment, while much profit is being generated in a considerable short period. It has lower risk compared to other livestock farming.
4. The demand for snail is higher than the supplies asuch the market potential of snail is inexhaustible, locally and internationally.
5. Virtually every part of snail is of vital use in Food, Pharmaceutical industry, manufacturing and fishing industries.
6. Snail is an export commodity, which has value next to gold in overseas countries. It is a foreign exchange income earner of our days. Our climate is one of the best in snail breeding.
7. Snail farming in Nigeria requires small capital and the running cost is very low, hence their feeds are very local.
8. If your start up capital is N100,000 you can generate the sum of one million naira in one year. Some people in other livestock may earn another N100,000, if they met no risk in a year.
9. Snail business indeed is a GEM in the livestock business. Therefore take advantage of the opportunity of being among the forerunners in this unbeatable venture.
10. You can conveniently earn income a thousand fold higher than your present earning. You can keep your present job and do this on part time since it doesn’t require much time.
11. This is a real export market that earns foreign revenue without you running from pillar to post.
12. This is not fiction but factual. Not imaginary but a reality. You too will share your view with others.
13. No stress, no time consuming, no odour, no noise and no irritation.
You would not regret you did.